Last amendment made on: 27-09-2021
Table of contents
1. About Tecnotion B.V.
Tecnotion B.V. (hereafter: ‘Tecnotion’) is the global authority on direct drive motor technology. As a former part of Koninklijke Philips N.V., we are the only independent manufacturer of linear and torque motors. We specialize solely in the development and production of direct drive motors. This allows us to provide expertise, customer service, and product quality of a high standard.
This Privacy Statement will provide insight into the personal data we collect, why we collect this data and how we use it. This Privacy Statement may change from time to time. Therefore, we recommend consulting this Privacy Statement on a regular basis. If we amend the Privacy Statement in such a way that it concerns you, for example, if we plan to process your personal data for another purpose than mentioned in this Privacy Statement, we will inform you of this amendment through this specific page or elsewhere on www.tecnotion.com, before we start the new processing activity.
For questions related to this Privacy Statement, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What personal data do we process and for which purposes are we using it?
‘Personal data’ means any information directly or indirectly relating to an individual or any information that can be used to identify an individual. Personal data is ‘processed’ when any activity or set of activities is performed on personal data. This includes the collection, storage, access, use, transfer, disclosure, and removal of personal data.
We currently process the following personal data types for the following purposes:
- We process personal data for account management, promotional, and marketing purposes.
We have a legitimate interest to optimize our business relationship with you or the company you are representing by informing you about similar products and services Tecnotion is offering, within the boundaries of the applicable laws and regulations. This enables you to make use of our products and services to their maximum potential.
We may also request your consent to process your personal data for informational, promotional, and marketing purposes:
We process personal data to enable you to download Tecnotion-specific content. If you would like to gain access to our simulation tool, CAD files, manuals, recordings of our webinars, and white papers, we request you to provide us your contact details via the contact form on www.tecnotion.com. To be able to perform these actions, you currently need to register for a Tecnotion account. During this activity, we collect the following types of personal data: your first and last name, company name, (business) e-mail address, (company) country, and postal code. In specific cases, a third party will assist us in processing this personal data for us, as is the case for the execution of our webinars. The third-party will solely process your personal data on our instructions and for this purpose only.
- We process personal data to handle customer service requests.
You are able to contact us via our website for questions regarding our products and services, requesting a quote for one of our products, requesting technical support, or contact us for any other business inquiries. In order to handle your request properly, you will be asked to fill out a contact form. Our contact form requires you to fill out your first name, last name, the name of your company, an e-mail address, and a postal code. You can, but are not required to, enter your phone number in case you would like us to reach out to you directly.
- We process personal data for sending out periodic newsletters.
If you would like to receive our newsletters, you are asked to provide us your first name, last name, and e-mail address for us to be able to properly contact you. In case you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletters, please refer to the instructions in our newsletter.
- We process personal data to enter into a contract with you or the company you represent.
We process personal data from you and/or the company you are representing to identify you and to enter into, amend, renew or terminate a contract with you or the company you are representing. In these activities, we collect your name, (business) address, (business) postal code, telephone number, (business) e-mail address, and country.
- We process personal data to fulfill contractual and financial obligations between Tecnotion and you or the company you represent.
We process personal data from you and/or the company you are representing to be able to handle your order adequately, deliver our services and products, the preparing and payment of invoices and other contractual obligations such as your purchase history, sending formal reminders about outstanding payments, logistic handling with companies and suppliers, and the registration of the handling of orders in our administration. In these activities, we collect your name, (business) address, (business) postal code, telephone number, (business) e-mail address, and country.
- We process personal data to help develop and improve our products and services.
We have a legitimate interest to develop and improve products and services on an ongoing basis.
We may carry out research to improve our products and services, by asking you for example to voluntarily give your reaction or to review a product or service. Such research is either managed internally or we engage a third-party who will solely process your personal data on our instructions and for this purpose only.
We receive personal data from online portals that feature our services and products. When you find one of our services or products appealing and engage for more information, personal data is being collected. We collect personal data to be able to improve our marketing strategies and to have a better vision on the interests customers have in our products.
- We may process your personal data to comply with the legal obligations of governments and supervisory authorities.
In certain cases, we are obliged, based on (international) laws and regulations, to collect, analyze and sometimes transfer your personal data to relevant governments or supervisory authorities. We also may need to use your personal to handle and resolve legal disputes, for regulatory investigations and compliance purposes.
3. On what lawful basis are we processing your personal data?
By the General Data Protection Regulation (hereafter: GDPR), every personal data processing activity must have a lawful basis. Below we indicate the lawful bases on which the processing activities in paragraph 2 are taking place.
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests based on Article 6, paragraph 1, subsidiary f of the GDPR. To be able to successfully run our business, we need to be able to maintain contact with our existing customers to handle their inquiries and execute certain internal processes to help develop our products and services. To successfully market and improve our services and products, we need to gain insights in which of our existing customers is interested in a specific product or service so we are able to provide you the best service and products we can offer. We are then able to use this processed data to inform our existing customers about similar products and services we offer. In this context, we send our existing customers our newsletter and possible promotions to keep them informed.
- The processing is based on the consent of the individual, based on article 6, paragraph 1, subsidiary a. When you are a new or protentional customer, you currently have to register for a new account. For new or protentional customers there is a consent (opt-in) system in place in case you want to sign up for our newsletters and other communications.
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract based on Article 6, paragraph 1, subsidiary b of the GDPR. This is the case when you or the company you are representing purchases a product or service from us by which we are entering into a contractual relationship for which the processing of certain personal data is necessary.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation based on article 6, paragraph 1, subsidiary c of the GDPR, such as law enforcement requests and requests from supervisory authorities and governments.
4. What role do third parties have in the processing of your personal data?
We work with third parties who deliver services or products to us in order for us to provide the best support and expertise and to assist us in carrying out our business processes and management. Among the third parties that we use are online portals to collect data about customers who engage with our products and services advertised there. The personal data that has been collected is imported by Tecnotion and processed in our Customer Relation Management (hereafter ‘CRM’) system. We use the CRM system to store and organize personal data so we can utilize this data for the purposes described in paragraph 2 of this Privacy Statement. The personal data in the CRM system is strictly used for the defined purposes described in paragraph 2 and is processed and stored based on the legal bases as described in paragraph 3 of this Privacy Statement. Moreover, we work with a third party that supports us with managing the registrations for our webinars.
In certain cases it is possible that we receive personal data from a third party we work with, such as with our webinars or online portals. Please take into account that our website can use hyperlinks to websites of third parties. We are not responsible for the security and privacy policies of third-party websites. We recommend reading their Privacy Statement before sharing personal data with third parties.
In case we engage with third parties, we require a confirmation from those parties that they will only use your personal data for enabling us to deliver our services and products to you and only if that is necessary for the purpose the personal data was collected for.
Lastly, we will not sell your personal data to third parties.
5. For what period of time do we store your personal data?
We do not store your personal data any longer than necessary for the purposes as described in paragraph 2 of this Privacy Statement and/or to comply with applicable laws and otherwise to allow us to conduct our business.
6. How do we keep your personal data secure?
To keep your personal data as secure as possible, we implemented suitable technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal data is protected against unlawful processing, destruction, loss, disclosure, or access. We have procedures in place to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data. Only employees who need personal data to perform their work are granted access to personal data. Our main systems are hosted in The Netherlands, which is also where our main office is located.
7. How do we transfer your personal data to third parties and/or to other countries outside the European Union?
Where required by GDPR, we will only transfer personal data to recipients that offer an adequate level of data protection. In these situations, as may be required, we make contractual arrangements to ensure that your personal data is still protected in line with European data privacy standards.
As described in paragraph 6, your personal data will be internally accessible to authorized employees from our international offices and accessible to our distributors who need this information to perform their work. When this concerns employees from one of our international offices whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive as those of countries within the European Union, we will ensure that there are adequate measures in place to ensure that your data is secure and will not be viewed by anyone who has no need to know basis for doing so.
8. How can I access or change my personal data and how can I have my personal data be deleted?
The GDPR grants a total of 8 rights to the person whose data is being collected. These rights are as follows:
If at any time you want to invoke any of these rights, you can do so by contacting us via e-mail at email@example.com.
You can also contact us when it is your opinion that we are processing your personal data unlawfully, that we no longer have the legal right to process your data or you have any further questions regarding this Privacy Statement or your personal data. We will treat your requests in accordance with the GDPR.
9. How to contact us in case of a request, question, or complaint?
For requests, questions, or complaints with regard to the processing of your personal data by us, you can contact our Privacy Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will do our best to handle your query in a timely and appropriate fashion. However, if in any case, you feel we did not handle your query timely or appropriately, you can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority by using the following contact details:
P.O. Box 93374
The Hague, The Netherlands
Telephone number: +31 (0)70 888 85 00
10. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Twentepoort West 15
7609 RD Almelo
Telephone number: +31 (0)546 536 300
A Privacy Officer has been appointed for Tecnotion B.V. Questions about this Privacy Statement or the processing of personal data by us, in general, can be directed to our Privacy Officer via email@example.com.
The new generation of delta robots have one thing in common. Direct drive torque motors replace the well-known… Read more
Tecnotion has signed the contract for the purchase of 20,000 m² of building land for their new headquarters… Read more
Get access to: